With the American divorce rateholding steady at about 50%, it’s a safe bet that a lot of today’s and tomorrow’s brides are hopping on the marriage-go-round for the second or maybe even third time. Statistics also show that the average age of the first-time bride is around 27 or 28. Many women are waiting even longer-until their 30’s and 40’s-to take their first plunge. Of gardenscapes hack tool cheats course, these new dynamics have created a blip the bridal shower business.
Women in their late twenties, thirties, forties and beyond are usually established, with a houseful of furniture, appliances small and large, and all they need to live their lives on a day-to-day basis. When these women marry, more often than not, two households merge and purge. Fortunately, registries help guests with wedding gifts, and they even help with bridal shower gifts.
Yes, first-time brides, no matter how old they are, deserve a bridal shower. In a break with tradition, showers are now being given for the second-time bride, especially if she eloped or didn’t have one before her first wedding.
So let’s talk about bridal showers for older and “once again” brides. We’ll pass on the lingerie shower, since these brides are click this website probably way past the wowie-wow-wow wedding night. Here are five shower themes these brides might appreciate:
– Beginnin’ With Linen-Not only can you never have share our website enough linens, wouldn’t it be nice for the newlyweds to start their lives together with all fresh linen? Sounds like a pajama party! She’ll love getting plush towel sets, satin sheets, elegant tablecloths and napkins, dishcloths, even blankets!
– Raising the Bar-Entertaining is a whole new ballgame for the happy couple. Make the shower a wine and cheese tasting and stock their bar with martini glasses, margarita glasses, champagne flutes, wine glasses, coasters, bar accessories and premium liquors and wines.
– Marriage is a Trip-Perfect for the pair that loves to travel. Think “passport” invitations and travel poster decorations! Gifts? How about some matching luggage, for starters? They’ll also need matching luggage tags, personalized travel tote bags, travel toiletry cases and a portable CD player.
– Holidaze-Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, Halloween, Christmas! Every holiday has its own special needs-serving platters for Thanksgiving, ornaments and other decorations for Christmas, a red-white-and-blue apron and tablecloth for the Fourth of July barbecue. And you can make the shower a special, one-day holiday with personalized decorations that feature photos of the happy couple.
– Gourmet Soiree-The spread for a gourmet shower is just as important as the gifts. Serve exotic, tantalizing appetizers and dishes, and invite the guests to bring gifts of gourmet food for the bride. Aged steaks, lobster, imported chocolates, nuts, coffee, cheeses, fruits, decadent desserts and cookbooks are just a few gift suggestions. And you’ll be recognized as a host with outstanding taste!
This article was brought to you by MyWeddingFavors.com, an online retail company specializing in unique wedding favors, wedding shower favors, bridesmaids’ gifts, groomsmen gifts, and wedding accessories. We are also dedicated to providing informative articles on weddings, wedding planning, marriage, marital issues and other topics.